When I turned 3 in 1991, my family went to the zoo and we brought along my best friend Laura(and her sister Becky). In 2003 we were 15 years old and the two of us went back for old times sake. This summer of 2011, almost exactly 20 years from our first visit to the zoo, Laura and here husband are now living in Philly. We couldn't not take another trip to the zoo! Although this time around, it didn't take us quite as long to be in awe and admire the smelly animals! I think another 10 or so years will call for another trip with our posterity!
In 1991, we could get up close and personal with the elephants...
but apparently in 2003, mama elephant got a little protective of her little one...and...
wanted her baby to be safe and protected in the nice African looking foliage by 2011!

This is the lion who in 1991 we thought was so big and scary...
but we aren't scared of him anymore in 2011 because he is now held captive behind a 10 foot glass wall!

HA! The only difference I see in these giraffe pictures is that in 2003, I hadn't yet discovered the power of a hair straightener!

Pumba the warthog is still just as THICK and SOLID as he was in 2003...
although in 2011 he is now warning guests that he may be too hot so sit on!

The flamingos in 2003...
are still standing strong in 2011!

with still just one hump in 2011!

2 comments:
cute post!
This is hilarious! My favorite is WHY for the 10 foot tall glass cage instead of the 3 foot wire fence????
I love how you remembered the pics from when you were little so you could recapture them today!!
Happy 23rd birthday Today!!!
Post a Comment